
The closer we get to the debut of the new Amelia Earhart biopic on October 23, the more eager I am to see this long-awaited movie.
With Oscar winner, Hilary Swank, in the title role of my traveling hero, the most famous female flier ever, I am confident I will be rewarded with a top flight flick.
I am also sure I will be privy to plenty of inspiration as I watch while the daring pioneer gets her wings, and then tries them to the nth degree by attempting a circumnavigation around the world in a Lockeed L-10 Electra.
The iconic flight, taken in 1937, ended in disaster, since Earhart (pictured here, photo: Wikipedia, pubic domain) was never heard from again. She disappeared near Howland Island in the Pacific Ocean.
But her legend lives on.
As I know she does for other travelers, she inspires me and my wanderlust, a wonderful reason to wake up every day.
More on the film Amelia and the female behind the title soon, so please stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment